Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The FIRST email of Terra's Mission!

When we took her to the MTC, one of her hosts, (small world!) was Drake's dorm friend  

Hi! hi! hi! hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well hello. :] Hi Mom. :] This is so fun to email you! It's so much faster than writing a real letter. But still, there's little time. So let me write the best stuff.

First of all, I have received over 25 letters in my first week of being in the MTC. My district teases me about it, because I get so much mail. Of course, I LOVE IT. It's very fun. So thank you to all of you who have written me wonderful letters (Cebre, Jenna, Nathaniel, Lexie, Emma, Kayla, Jake, and of course, you Mom). Tell James that I LOVE his ditto picture. It's fantastic, and so detailed. Tell Lexie that her letter made me cry. That's the first letter that has made me cry. In fact, that's the only time I've cried about anything related to missing home so far. And even then, it was just because Lexie is so wonderful.

Surprisingly, I haven't been homesick once yet. Well, maybe super slightly. But truthfully, I haven't been! Remember me screaming to turn the car around? I'm so glad you didn't. THIS IS THE LIFE. I wish everyone could do this. It's so fun here. So fun, so uplifting, SO FRUSTRATING, so tiring, but just amazing. It's changing me so fast. Everything is backwards for me. During class once my teacher said, "Okay, now we're going to watch a video," and I thought, "but I just want to keep studying!" What?!?! Who does that? And I like gym. In fact, I love gym. I love that 50 minutes of play time. Such precious minutes. I play volleyball with my district everyday. I'm super horrible, but they don't care, and it's super fun. This definitely has been the longest week of my life. But even though it's been SO LONG, I don't care. Because I have loved it all. I've learned more in this week than I have in the past 5 years, I feel like. You're constantly doing something, from morning until night.

I've ran into a lot of people I know (including Erin Owens [hope you're reading this Kayla!!], Julia Larsen, another one of Drake's friends, Elise Crosby, Kari Christensen [that one's for Jake] and some more). It's fun seeing people I know. I've already written you this in a letter, but Sister McDougle is my companion!!! I couldn't have asked for a better companion. It's amazing to work with someone who I've had a year to know and love. She's a bundle of sunshine and even though she's shorter, she walks SUPER fast and it's really hard for me to keep up with her at times, haha. 

This place truly is amazing though. Drake, you're going to LOVE it. You're going to thrive in it. It's indescribable. But Drake, start studying preach my gospel RIGHT NOW. Because I didn't do much of that before I came into the MTC, and now...oh gosh, most of my lowest points of the week were because of that. You want to come in knowing your stuff, because they don't give you any time to learn it yourself. And the stuff that they're teaching you is different stuff, it's hard to explain. Just take my word for it. Don't be lazy and not do it, read it! Read it while you eat! Replace Phineas and Ferb with that.

My district likes to sing. On Sunday, while most of my district was in meetings, a few of us were left in the room with nothing to do, so we started singing hymns, and harmonizing like a mad man. Heaven on earth, right there. Harmonizing is glorious. That's what I'm going to miss in the field. I won't get to sing with big groups everyday. I wish I had more spiritual stuff to write. I feel like this email is scattered and ridiculous, and I want to convey how strong the Spirit is here, but I don't know how. My testimony has just grown in SO many ways. Ways that I never thought possible. I've learned how to actually study the scriptures instead of just reading them. And what a blessing that is. I've learned how to depend on the Spirit, how to trust my companion, how to be patient (well, that one is still a work in progress. It's only the end of week one you know.)  But it's just amazing here. I was definitely meant to be here. This is the life for me. I could be on a mission forever (maybe). It's wonderful to be focused and working towards an eternal goal. I just love it here.

I'm finding a huge lackage of time to write letters, but for all those who have written me, I will write you back!!! Don't fret. :] It just may not be super soon. 

Your support is, unbelievable. I can't imagine what it would be like without everyone who has been so wonderful to me. I LOVE MY LIFE SO MUCH!!!!! I love you all. I'm so ridiculously excited for Drake to start his mission. It is the best thing EVER. Ever ever ever.

Life is grand, like a piano. The grandest piano ever. This is the true gospel. Let your hearts grow for everyone around you and find ways to serve people!! I love being on a mission. Week one was fantastic. And I'm ready for a million more. :] 

Again, I love you all. Sorry for no pictures this week! Next week though. :] Keep sending letters and keep being awesome!!

Love, Terra

No comments:

Post a Comment