Sunday, March 8, 2015

3rd Time's a Charm -- Auschwitz again. 1/19/15




Hi Mom,

We went to Auschwitz today. So I have like no time to email. I don't think people are supposed to go there more than once. It eats part of your soul. And that was my third time there. But that's what happens when you stay in one area for a year... new missionaries come and want to see things too. So yeah. I have been to lots of things in Kraków...

Auschwitz: 3
Salt Mines: 2
Kościuszki Mound: 5+
Pawlik's: 3
Ogrodzieniec Castle: 1
Wawel Castle: 5+
Rynek: 50+
Jewish Quarter: 3
Oscar Schindler's Factory: 1
Częstochowa/Jasna Góra (Black Madonna): 1

Sorry, I don't have more time to email. Things are going well. I'm still alive!!

Love,
Drake

P.S. (I already got my package! I have been sharing it with everybody!! :) )

Drake made a special request for grape Jolly Ranchers for his birthday.  I sent him a pkg. of 160 :) 



Photo of Auschwitz with the flowers: "Auschwitz-Birkenau abgebrannte Barracken" by WeEzE - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Auschwitz-Birkenau_abgebrannte_Barracken.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Auschwitz-Birkenau_abgebrannte_Barracken.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment