Thursday, May 22, 2014

Tracting Miracle


No pics this week, so I posted my favorite from last week. :)

Dear Mom,

That is super awesome that Uncle Bill will soon be the Oakland Temple President!! I am pretty sure that he is going to be an apostle someday... :) haha

Is Cebre's baby born yet?
Will she be born by the time I email next week?


No, I think that is super awesome that Racer got a Palm for scouts. That sure is something that I didn't do that I WISH I would have done!! :) And that is super cool that he is riding a scooter now. I never had a motorcycle license.
Whoa, he's going to Philmont as an Eagle Scout?? That's so crazy! What is he going to do there? Can he still get merit badges...? or what?

Whoa, looks like it is going to be warmer this week!

MOM MOM MOM
GUESS WHAT!!

Last night, for the first time on my mission....
WE GOT LET IN TRACTING!! :)
(ok there was that one time with the Sisters in PoznaƄ, but that was just caroling and she was letting in the Sisters... and we just happened to be there...)
But yeah!
I got let in for the first time!
It was CRAZY!

So we went to a building to start tracting.
And I did the first few doors, and then was like, "Alright Elder Remy, it's your turn!"
So he went and knocked on a door and a lady answered. He told her that we are missionaries, and then looked over at me to talk.
I told her about the message that we wanted to share with her. And asked her if she had some time to listen to the message.
And she let us in!


I started like freaking out inside, I was like, "WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?!?! This isn't part of tracting!!!"
That had NEVER happened before. IT was crazy!!
WHOA! 

And then we taught her about the Restoration, gave her a book, and got her number.

At the beginning of the transfer I told Elder Remy that I had something to tell him about tracting. But that I wasn't going to tell him until the end of the transfer. I was going to tell him that I had never been let in. But I didn't want to tell him that at the beginning of the transfer and crush his faith. So I didn't tell him.

So when we walked out of the meeting, I told him, "Elder Remy, you remember how I told you that I was going to tell you something about tracting at the end of transfer. Well, I was going to tell you that I have never been let in. But now I can't"

After the thousands of doors that I have knocked on... and never got let in, my little trainee knocks on his first door, and gets let in. I think that maybe this trainee faith thing works.

Love,

Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment