Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Tough Week for Drake (and a peek at his Polish)

Dear Mom,

It's P-Day today again.
We went to the temple this morning and now I am doing my laundry. 
This week went by quickly, but it was hard.
After being called up to be told that Grandma Fridae died, they told me that Grandma Allen was doing very poorly and that I would probably get called up again, and when I did, I would know what it was.
So the whole week, I would cringe and get scared whenever the intercom beeped, hoping I wouldn't hear my name
And then in the cafeteria, they have a screen that displays people's names that need to go to the front desk.
So every time I walked into the cafeteria, I was scared to see my name on the screen.
I went the whole week without hearing my name on the intercom.
But yesterday, when I walked into the cafeteria for dinner, I saw my name on the screen...
And so I walked to the front desk, and they brought me to the office of the a member of the district presidency.
He asked me if I knew why I was there. And I told him I did.
Then he told me that Grandma had died.
I cried a lot, and then he let me call Dad.
It was nice to get to talk to him. It made me feel better.
But then we had to go to fireside right after, and I cried during most of it, thinking about how much I miss Grandma.
It makes me very sad and I keep crying. I miss her.

Anyway, besides that, things are going pretty well.

I see Mark all the time -- multiple times every day!
Mark leaves for Germany next Tuesday
I think we are learning a lot of Polish. Although, it is hard to gauge how much we have actually been progressing.
We did 4 lessons with our "investigator", and now he has revealed his true identity as being one of our teachers.
His name is Stefan Leimer and is from Frankfurt, Germany. So he speaks German, English, and Polish.

Our class with Brother Tribe
I saw Hiram for the first time on Saturday. We were walking back to our dorm after class like at 9:30 PM, and I saw him walking on his way out of the MTC.
And I yelled, "Hiram!!!" He took a video. But you know that... haha



Hiram sent me this video Saturday night -- here's the link in case it doesn't work.

Anyway, I hope you got all the pictures I sent. It looked like some of them didn't send for some reason.
Oh, and thanks for the packages and cookies. I liked the snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies.

I still haven't gotten the mail today, so maybe I'll get some more letters today.

Alrighty, I have to get off now.

Kocham cie,

Elder Drake Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment