Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Terra -- Happy, yet again.

Happy, yet again.

It's humid in Ohio. Inside it feels pretty good. Outside, it feels sticky. But you know what, I like the humidity AS LONG as there are clouds covering the sun. If there are no clouds, then it's way way way too hot. And the heat...no bueno. Well, yes bueno kind of.


Church!!!

Okay best thing I have thought of this week. I love coming up with my own sayings. Invite everyone to quote me as often as they would like, I wouldn't mind being famously quoted. But this week I've been working on humility. I've been careful not to pray to be humbled (because we all know how that goes...trials, trials, and more trials...) but have been praying that I can be humble (without a "d". It makes a HUGE difference with how God responds to your prayers). Because I've realized something. This week we had a big sisters training meeting up at the mission home with all of the sisters, and the meeting was six hours long. Six hours...that's a long time to learn a lot. By the end I felt so humble. I took notes like nobody's business (in cursive, with my right hand, I might add--which by the way is going well) and just took everything in. I felt so humble. And I felt so happy! And then I realized, humble=happy. When you are humble you are happy! Or at least, I am. When I am humble, that's when I can find the happiness in everything, and soak myself in it. They should change the primary song "When we're helping we're happy..." to "When we're humble we're happy...and we sing as we go!!!" So at the end of my notes I wrote, "life is much more enjoyable for the humble soul." Because it is. Being humble is the happiest way to be. It really is. I've worked on humbling myself a lot more this week, and it has given me a lot more peace and a lot more happiness. And the week went by a lot faster! In fact, this has been the first fast week in my mission. 


Also, everyday I write a list. I call my list "Daily Affirmations", and each morning I write down 49 things that I love. And each sentence all starts with "I love..." There are 49 instead of 50, because I leave the top line of the page blank (Mr. Morita taught it to us, telling us that it looks better, and I've had that habit ever since). A few today were, "I love paper...I love simplicity...I love Thor...I love mountains...I love stuffing." There are so many things that I love, and I haven't seemed to run out of things yet. 


President Nilsen gave all the sisters
flowers at the training meeting :]


OH! Okay, so my new companion, Sister Stump, IS EXACTLY LIKE EMMA!!!!!! IT'S LIKE I'M COMPANIONS WITH EMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY, COULD LIFE GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?????? OF COURSE I HAVE TO BE HAPPY!!!!!! 


Sister Stump is just like Emma!
SHE EVEN WEARS BRIGHT JACKETS!

Well, I need to cut this short. Enjoy the pictures. I'm happy. I hope you all are too. Lots of love!!!


Love, Terra Belle


We were sort of having a photoshoot.  Sort of.

modelesque?

Hahahahaha ahhhhhh :]

The hair flip.

The hair flip 2.0



gorgeous!

model jump!
P.S. from Renee -- Somehow this giraffe picture didn't get sent last week.  I'll add it to the last post, too, so it can be with it's other zoo friends, but for those of you just reading this, here you go!  Maybe it will be like Mission Impossible (no pun intended, truly!) and after a week, this photo the giraffe with self-destruct and no longer be on this post!

Feeding a giraffe

No comments:

Post a Comment