Friday, May 31, 2013

Terra -- Life


We matched, totally. We didn't plan it, 
and we didn't realized it until around 4pm that day. 
Woo hoo!!

Dear Mom,

So this week! What happened this week? Gosh, I don't know. I don't remember. It's all a blur. I mean, it wasn't the best and happiest week, but it wasn't too bad. I mean, I feel good right now, so I'm guessing that means it was a good week. Usually if I'm crying while reading emails, that means it was a pretty rough week. But I'm not crying right now! So that means it was a good week. Hard, but good. My mission president always says that, "hard is good." So it was both I guess. I don't know how I feel about that saying though. I think my favorite saying is, "Money CAN buy happiness." Cause it can. Or at least it can for you and me, Mom. :]  hahaha.

Sunset in Cincinnati. (Well, my camera was on sunset setting...)

Okay, I want to tell you about all the work going on in our area. BUT, as I tell you, you cannot judge or think that I am being prideful for saying this. The work has being going extremely well here, and I've been trying to figure out how to tell you how good it is without sounding like I'm bragging. But I'm not bragging!  I'm just thankful, and want to share, and inspire that PROGRESSIVE MISSIONARY WORK IS POSSIBLE.  Because sometimes it feels like it's not. But here are just some wonderful indicators from our area. Sister Stump, Sister Ward and I have 5 baptisms this weekend, 2 next weekend, and 1 the weekend after that. This week we had 12 of our investigators as church. We hardly get any tracting in because we have so many appointments. I'm telling you, if my entire mission could be like this...wow, that would be amazing. I cannot even tell you how cool it is to work with these people. Miracles are happening left and right. And honestly, all of these people getting baptized and coming to church are falling into our laps. And that's the truth. It's not because of us, it's because they have been prepared by God and they are ready for the gospel to be in their lives. They have been SO prepared. It's ridiculous. I am so thankful to be in an area where Heavenly Father has placed so many of His select people who are willing and ready to hear the message of the Restoration. SO THANKFUL.

"One by one, until it's done." I love reading Dad's notes in my scriptures. Especially things we grew up learning.
This is my "Half Blood Prince" Book of Mormon. I feel like Harry Potter with all of Dad's notes.
Recognize this, Lexie?

But still I find myself with so many vain struggles. Enos talks about that in the Book of Mormon. He wrote about his struggles being vain. Of course, his struggles were vain because he was trying to change the hearts of the Lamanites, who at the time, would not. So his "vain struggles" are quite different than mine. Mine are "Terra vain struggles". I want to be a missionary. I want to want to be a missionary. I am a missionary, but I don't always want to be a missionary. That's one of my biggest struggles. But I do want to be a missionary! I don't know, brains are crazy. People can have so many opposite ideas. Or maybe that's just me. But it is a little discouraging because there is quite a bit of what I very much so want to change about myself, but I haven't yet changed it. But I'm trying. I am trying. But I know I'm still the same in a lot of categories. *sigh* Come on! JUST CHANGE! I just want to change. For the better, obviously. But I don't know, it's not coming very quickly. Whatever. Obla-dee Obla-da, life goes on.



At a nursing home. This poodle was just sitting there so cutely and lonely!!

Me and Sister Stump!
Four months. Weird. 

I'm four months old. I don't remember what it was like the last time I was four months old, but I imagine it being similar to how I feel now: Used to a lot of things, but yet still so inexperienced; wants to cry a lot but knows that people are used to it by now; not quite a newborn, but still needs a lot of help everyday; WANTS TO BE WITH MY MOM. I miss you, Mom. But hey, it's alright. Your letters suffice. :] I love them.

Well, if I find more to share, I will share it. I love you all. Make good choices. Floss your teeth. Be careful what you pray for. :]

Love, Terra



Hiding at the piano.
Ohhhhh lovely mornings.

P.S. from Renee -- The background story to Terra's quote about "Money CAN buy happiness" is from last summer.  Terra was home for a month and was having a down day.  I said, "Let's go to the thrift store!" so we went.  We donated a few bags of whatever it was we were getting rid of that day and then we walked around the store for a bit.  Terra was SO EXCITED because she found some black and white checkerboard fabric that she had been wanting and had pictured in her mind would make a really cute skirt or jumper!  (The fact that neither of us really sew didn't deter her in any way).  We walked around some more and I found an old Raggedy Ann doll in really great condition.  (Terra collects soft dolls with red hair and I had thought of getting her a Raggedy Ann doll for her birthday, but opted for Pippi Longstocking instead.  After her birthday she said that she'd like to get Raggedy Ann someday and this was was only $1 instead of the $20 they were selling for on ebay!)  We found a few other great things for next to nothing. After we got home, Terra was in much better spirits and  said, "Mom, they say 'Money can't buy happiness, but it really can!"  I agreed and told her we did a triple whammy.  Yes, it's fun to go go shopping.  But we added to that joy by also finding goods that we'd been on the hunt for AND getting them for a really low price.  All very fun things to brighten our day!  So it's our own little inside joke. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment